Recorded: Tracks 3, 8 & 9 recorded live by John Wood on December 15, 1973 at The Rainbow Theatre and on December 16, 1973 at Fairfield Hall, Croydon.
All other tracks – including the CD bonus tracks – recorded live by John Wood on January 26, 1974 at two shows at the Sydney Opera House, Australia.
The original pressing of the LP came with a full colour insert depicting on one side the band on the steps of the Sydney Opera House with the caption ‘A holiday, a holiday, the first one of the year.’ and on the other a collage of live photos of the band with the caption ‘Just a roll, just a roll…’.
This album was released in the USA and Canada as A Moveable Feast. with alternate artwork. The first pressing also came will a full colour inner with a collage of live photos of the band with the caption ‘Just a roll, just a roll…’ as in the UK edition, the other side showing the images used on the UK cover on a black background with no text.
Released:01 July 1974 (UK)
Recorded:1974 / 1973
Recorded at:Rainbow Theatre, London
Sydney Opera House, Sydney
Label:Island Records Ltd.
Artwork:Steven Westlund (photographer)
- Matty Groves (Traditional) – 7:19
- Rosie (Dave Swarbrick) – 4:08
- Fiddlestix (Traditional) – 2:28
- John the Gun (Sandy Denny) – 5:09
- Something You Got (Chris Kenner) – 2:26
- Sloth (Dave Swarbrick, Richard Thompson) – 11:18
- Dirty Linen (Dave Swarbrick) – 3:31
- Down in the Flood (Bob Dylan) – 3:08
- Sir B. MacKenzie’s Daughter’s Lament for the 77th Mounted Lancers Retreat from the Straights of Loch Knombe on the Occasion of the Announcement of Her Marriage to the Laird of Kinleakie (Dave Mattacks, Dave Swarbrick, Richard Thompson, Simon Nicol) – 5:32
Dave Mattacks: drums, dulcimer
Dave Pegg: bass, backing vocals
Dave Swarbrick: violin, backing vocals, vocals
Jerry Donahue: electric guitar
Sandy Denny: vocals, piano, backing vocals
Trevor Lucas: acoustic guitar, backing vocals, vocals